Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bagan will come back strongly: Manju

Backbone of the Indian and Mohun Bagan defence, Nanjangud Shivananju Manju is confident about his clubs good show in the ongoing I-League.

He has been the mainstay for the Mohun Bagan defence for last 2 seasons. But he is out of action since mid-August, thanks for a hairline fracture due during the match against Lebanon in the ONCG Nehru Cup.

N S Manju has been in the oblivion since then, silently recuperating from injury in his home town.

He is now ready to travel to Kolkata to consult his Physiotherapist, Dr. Jibak Mukherjee to decide the future course of action.

“I’ve started walking after one and half months, however it is not smooth as I limp while walking”, says Manju.

“I will meet Dr. Jibak Mukherjee on Thursday, October 15, I believe I need to undergo a series of physiotherapy.”

When asked about his team’s dismal performance at the beginning of the I-League, Manju sounded very nonchalant, “Even the start of the previous two editions of I-League were not smooth. We struggled at the beginning, yet we came back well, geared up at the right time, and in the last season we missed I-League by a whisker”.

“I am sure this will happen again, I have full faith in coach and my teammates”, Insists Manju.

He was light-heartedly asked that why does he always gets injured during National duty, Manju laughed, “Injury in not in my hand and similarly not in AIFFs hand.”

Manju supports the idea of the National body, the AIFF paying the players salary on behalf of the club if the player gets injured while playing for country.

“I think Bagan has every right to ask to AIFF”, he sounded cautious, “I do not want to rake up a controversy by saying this. I am not aware of the technicalities involved here and neither I am aware of the communication that happened between my club and the AIFF”.

“I have been totally aloof from the scene, whatever little information I’ve gathered is through reading newspaper and by learning from my friends”, says Manju.

Recently, Mohun Bagan secretary, Anjan Mitra had issued a letter to the AIFF, asking Manju's salary.

Manju is eager to come back to the game. He plans to work hard - undergo a proper treatment program, plan and work on his fitness level so that he is not bother about any minor niggles.

For the sake of Indian Football, IndianFootball.com wishes a fast recovery to Manju.

No comments: